Health Net Federal Services and You – Working Together to Keep Patients Healthy
Health Net Federal Services, LLC (HNFS) initiatives include those to help TRICARE beneficiaries stay healthy. We monitor and assess network and physician performance on the following:
- colorectal cancer screening
- diabetes care – annual HbA1c testing
- mental health aftercare – 7- and 30-day follow up
- well-child visits
- medication management for people with asthma
- re-hospitalization within 30-days of acute inpatient discharge
- emergency department utilization
- diabetes screening for people with schizophrenia or bipolar disorder who are using antipsychotic medications
Our goal is to increase the number of TRICARE beneficiaries who are current on each of these screenings by a minimum of three percent. Here are several techniques providers can use to increase preventive screenings among beneficiaries:
- Recommend preventive screenings at every appropriate opportunity, such as yearly physicals or during other office visits.
- Encourage practice managers to track patients and send pre-appointment reminders and missed appointment communications.
- Offer assistance setting up preventive screening appointments. Making health care easy is an evidence-based intervention.
- Reinforce your message to patients with brochures and other information.
- Reduce the cost barrier. Let patients know the TRICARE benefit covers many preventive screenings without cost-shares or copayments.
We want to partner with you to help TRICARE beneficiaries stay healthy and make health care work for everyone.