Welcome to Assessing Your Readiness for Healthy Change
Assessing Your Readiness for Healthy Change will help you evaluate how ready you are to take steps toward making a healthy lifestyle change. If you determine you are ready, you will attain information and skills from this program to help you prepare for and make a change. Specifically, this program will help you:
- Determine how ready you are to make a behavior change.
- Move closer to being ready to change a behavior.
- Learn how to set SMART goals.
- Identify potential barriers and develop a plan to deal with them.
- Discover ways to stay motivated.
- Provide information and tools to make healthy changes last.
Assessing Your Readiness for Healthy Change is designed for people striving to make a healthy lifestyle (behavior) change. This program will teach you skills to make your healthy lifestyle change a successful experience. It contains general information that may apply to any behavior change recommended by your doctor, however, it is not a substitute for medical care. Work with your doctor to determine specific healthy lifestyle changes you can benefit from.
Source and Copyright Information
This program was adapted from MHN’s “Readiness for Healthy Change” e-learning program. The program and corresponding materials are copyright protected and may not be resold, reproduced or altered in any manner without express written consent from the authors. Handouts may be downloaded and used for educational purposes only.