Coping with Financial Stress
Have life challenges caused you to feel overwhelmed with trying to make ends meet? Is dealing with your finances causing you stress? Coping with Financial Stress may be just what you need to put your mind at ease. This class will provide skills and resources to help you financially and emotionally, and will give you a place to start with getting back on your feet.
In this class you will learn how to:
- Understand ways finances may impact your stress level and affect your overall health and well–being
- Identify reasons why people may overspend
- Develop new skills and tools to manage finances and maintain wellness
- Get help, support and resources
Directions: This 43-minute class is recorded for your convenience.
- Click on the recording to get started. You may pause the recording at any time to take notes or complete activities as they are mentioned in the class.
- The Class Resources can be downloaded to your computer, viewed online and/or printed. We recommend having the slides and handouts open or printed so you can take notes and complete activities during the class presentation.
- Complete the program evaluation located below. Once you have completed your evaluation, you can print a personalized Certificate of Completion.
The class slides below are interactive. You can print or type directly in the slides. Class notes are available to type in or print and handwrite notes as you follow along with the recorded class.
Class Slides and Handouts
The following handouts are designed to help you put the skills you learn from this class into action. You may want to review them prior to the class, and have them open or printed during the class.
Please complete the evaluation after the class. Your input is appreciated.
Do More to Improve Your Health
If you would like individualized education and support, you may request to be in our Chronic Care/Disease Management program, which provides individual coaching for certain health conditions. If you are an eligible TRICARE beneficiary under age 65, receive one-to-one coaching from a Disease Management Specialist. Get started with our Disease Management Information and Self-Nomination form, or you can call 1-844-732-2436 from 8:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday.
Health Net Federal Services offers classes and online programs on a variety of topics. Visit the Learning Center to view a full list of available classes and programs. Find additional information and resources in Health Topics.
As part of your health care, it is also important to have timely preventive screenings and immunizations to help protect your health, prevent disease and improve your quality of life. Check out Stay Healthy with Health Net Federal Services for more information.
Coping with Financial Stress is designed for people who may be having financial struggles and are feeling overwhelmed during uncertain times of change. This class is meant to provide education and resources and is not meant to be therapy. It is not a substitute for medical care. Topics discussed may stir up difficult feelings. If this happens, please reach out to your therapist or other provider, or an available crisis hotline. If it is an emergency, please call 911.
Source and Copyright Information
This class and corresponding materials are copyright protected and may not be resold, reproduced or altered in any manner without express written consent from the authors. Handouts may be downloaded and used for educational purposes only.