Beneficiary Web Enrollment

What You Can Do with Beneficiary Web Enrollment (BWE)

  1. Enroll in the following TRICARE programs: TRICARE Prime*, TRICARE Prime Remote (TPR), TRICARE Prime Remote for Active Duty Family Members (TPRADFM) and TRICARE Young Adult (TYA).
  2. Update your personal contact information such as your address, phone number and email, for both the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) and TRICARE.
  3. Change your primary care manager (PCM).
  4. Disenroll from TRICARE Prime – Active Duty Service Members and Active Duty Family Members, TRICARE Prime – Retirees and Their Family Members or TYA Prime.
  5. Transfer to a new region.
  6. View enrollment information.

*You may not enroll in TRICARE Prime with BWE if you do not live in a Prime Service Area. You must submit a TRICARE Prime Enrollment, Disenrollment, and Primary Care Manager (PCM) Change Form (DD2876) or request enrollment by telephone. If you are eligible for TPR or TPRADFM, you may enroll using BWE even though you do not live in a Prime Service Area. Applications requiring fees cannot be submitted electronically through BWE. The TRICARE Prime application must be printed from BWE and mailed or faxed.

Beneficiary Web Enrollment demonstration video – For step-by-step instructions for logging in to BWE and making changes, view the interactive demonstration video.

Ways to Access Beneficiary Web Enrollment (BWE)

Common Access Card

For information on how to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC) or reset a CAC PIN, contact your local RAPIDS site. You may also call the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office toll-free at 1-800-477-8227 for assistance in locating a CAC issuing facility.

Department of Defense (DoD) Self-Service Logon

As a sponsor, you may obtain a DoD self-service logon for family members by using your CAC to log in to the DoD Self-Service Access Center. For more information on creating a self-service logon, please review the DSAccess FAQ.

Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) Account (myPay)

Defense Finance and Accounting Service accounts have taken the place of the myPAY PIN and Social Security number logon. If you have not created a DFAS account, need help logging in or have forgotten your password visit the myPay website. You may also call the customer support unit toll-free at 1-888-DFAS411 (1-888-332-7411).

For technical assistance (for example, website will not work, error messages) while using BWE, call the Defense Manpower Data Center Support office toll-free at 1-800-477-8227.

Beneficiary Web Enrollment (BWE) Tips

  • You may only enroll in TRICARE Prime with BWE if you live in a Prime Service Area.
  • All new enrollments through BWE follow the 20th of the month rule meaning enrollment requests received on or before the 20th of the month are effective the first day of the next month.
  • Newborn enrollments will not be made effective on the newborn's date of birth.
  • Check BWE routinely to view your enrollment status. Enrollments and primary care manager changes will be held in a pending status until approved. Approval may take up to six (6) calendar days.
  • Primary care manager changes and transfer dates are effective six (6) calendar days from the date requested through BWE.
  • Do not seek care until you receive notification from TRICARE to view your enrollment information on milConnect. If you must seek care before receiving confirmation of the change, log in to milConnect to verify your enrollment information such as your effective date or PCM information.
  • Cancel your pending BWE enrollments or changes within 48 hours through BWE. If your change is still pending, you may cancel the request.
  • You are automatically waiving your drive time standards if you choose a PCM more than 30 minutes from your home. When you select a PCM through BWE, the site will not factor in drive time from your home to your PCM. Therefore, be aware of the drive time before you make your selection. Enrollment rules exist in certain areas that affect your selection. Changes to your selection may be made by the regional contractor.